Presenting Bell Jet Ranger ZS-HPU
After many years in Africa, Bell Jet Ranger 2337 has a new registration. She is ZS-HPU.
We like HPU as a call sign – she has a High Power engine unit, with some 12% power over the norm. This means she can lift more under many circumstances. This makes her safer and more capable.
She is a B3 Bell Jet Ranger, and we hope you like the livery. We selected dark blue because it has a certain style for corporate use, and
What can a Jet Ranger do?
Our Jet Ranger can:
- Carry four passengers and their luggage.
- Carry a maximum of 1200 lbs of fuel plus cargo
- Fly at a 95 knot block (planning speed)
- Use 110 litres per hour and so have an endurance of about 3 hours (depending on the cargo).
For some background on the Bell Jet Ranger B3, why not follow the link.
What a Jet Ranger can’t do
- Fly over 100 knots without a tailwind
- Fly for longer than 3 hours (maximum radius of action = 500 km/285 nautical miles).
We tell you these things because we believe in integrity. See our values.
Our Jet Ranger can also
- Carry a stretcher, which we have – see opposite.
- Is able to carry under-slung loads, but it is not yet configured for this.
- Can train pilots – she has dual controls, which we do not normally fit.
- Conduct visual surveys after disasters or for power lines, or for mining work.
- Lift light cargo from the place of your choice to any legal target destination.
- Take your VIP passengers to any legal destination of your choice.
We also have a team of people who can help you make choices about your helicopter needs in South Africa, Mozambique, Malawi, Tanzania and Zambia.
2 Response Comments